And so should YOU!
According to experts in the field of neuroscience, 1-4% of the population can be qualified as psychopaths. Chances are, you know a few--and, since you're visiting this blog, there's a good chance you are one!
What, exactly, is a psychopath?
The term came into use in the early 1800s and was applied to mental patients who appeared outwardly normal, but lacked empathy and seemed to posses no sense of right and wrong.
In the 1930s, the term was changed to sociopath to reflect the negative impact these people can have on society. These days, the term sociopath has lost favor--though is sometimes applied to a psychopath scoring lower on the continuum.
Here are 5 signs that indicate you're a psychopath:
1. You don't get what the big deal is about feelings. Emotions are for wimps, and you don't have them.
2. Blood and guts do not repulse you--in fact, you find them fascinating.
3. If it weren't for other people, you would have no problems.
4. The only difference between truth or lies is a matter of opinion.
5. No question about it: most people are imbeciles.
Still unsure if you're a psychopath?